Boost Self Esteem and Confidence by Staying Positive
Do you want to boost your self esteem and confidence? Just as a muscle requires regular exercise to maintain its strength and flexibility your positive self esteem needs to be reminded on a regular basis that you are a good person and you have great qualities.
The key to your success is confidence, confidence that by the power of your own subconscious mind you can and will accomplish all that you wish. What you tell yourself had incredible power over how your life goes. It also determines your moods, whether you feel happy and capable or depressed and hopeless. These thoughts also affect how well you’re body works and your state of health.
Stay positive! The way you feel about events in your life depends largely on how you think about them. Positive thinking sets the stage for things to be better next time, even when something goes wrong today. And let’s face it; other people are much more attracted to optimists than to pessimists, so positive thinkers get more positive attention, more chances to succeed, and more support in life.
Allow yourself become less self-conscious, less worried about what others think and allow yourself to be more involved in your own life. Tell yourself that you are a person with many positive qualities and abilities. Allow each day to be a step forward toward the realization of your goals and reaching your highest potential.When you reach out and help others you are not so concerned about yourself. Whatever difficulties you survived in the past you now consider as signs of growth and healing. You offer the best you have to give with confidence and a new feeling of self love and appreciation. Because you are feeling this way, life will be more fun and you will feel less tension in your life. You will begin to have more energy and as you do you will see things from a new perspective and know that you can handle your life even if it is just one step at a time.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- Don’t let things overwhelm you by taking on too much
- Tackle what you know you can handle one day at a time.
- Feel your determination to accomplish your goals but to do it in a creative and timely way without pressuring yourself.
- Choose friends that encourage you to be the best you can be and encourage you to accomplish your goals.
- See the world in a new way with the freshness of a little child.
- Realize that you are in charge of your life and what a powerful and good feeling that can be!
- Be careful with your thoughts…choose them carefully and choose the ones that make you feel good. Consciously choose the thoughts that support your positive self esteem.
- Notice if you are being critical and judgmental of yourself. Stop the negative thoughts in their tracks. Realize that your thoughts are what create your mood and if your thoughts are negative it will drag you down but if you keep positive thoughts going you will feel energetic and happy, it is up to you.
- Know that any negative programming you may have had as a child can be let go of and replaced with the truth of who you really are. Allow yourself to be the person you were meant to be. You may feel it is hard to shake the old conditioning but the more you replace it with positive and affirming statements the better you will feel and the more ready you will be to get on with your life.
- Try this creative visualization exercise: Imagine a big red balloon and put all those old, irrelevant and uncomfortable feelings that you have been carrying around since childhood into the balloon. Feelings of shame, not good enough, names you were called,times you were put down and hurt. When you feel ready to let it all go, just lift the balloon into the sky and let go! Watch as it slowly disappears high into the sky till it is just a small speck high in the sky and you can barely see it. Watch till it is gone. You are free now to recreate yourself as you wish, to be all that you can be. You don’t need those old feelings anymore, you are grown now and you have more important things to think about.Replace the negative programming that you may have experienced with all the good that you know you have within you. If ever those old feelings of not good enough or shame creep back into your consciousness you can put them back into a balloon and let them go.
- Take a deep breath of freedom and get on with your day, get on with your life!!!